Updated: Aug 10, 2019
In this sweet and delightful world of humans, everyone wants , everything sweet : Home Sweet Home, Sweet nature, Sweet people and so on. Even every festival is followed by sweet dishes, sweet chocolates, sweet candies, sweet desert and so on.
As like excess and repetitive use of word sweet is irritating you, similarly excessive intake of anything irritates our health. As we are talking about word sweet, in our daily intake of food ,sweet means sugar. Sugar is soluble carbohydrates consisting of fructose, sucrose, lactose and over consumption of these irritates the health very badly.
Famous disease caused by over consumption of sugar is DIABETES. It is caused when level of sugar and glucose raises in the blood. Glucose comes from the food we eat. There is a hormone named Insulin produced by the gland behind the stomach named Pancreas , that hormone helps the cells to consume glucose from the blood to get energy.
TYPES OF DIABETES-
• In Type 1 Diabetes, Body do not make Insulin.
• In Type 2 Diabetes, Body do not use Insulin well. (Most Common Type Of Diabetes)
• Gestational Diabetes, Happens during Pregnancy.
• Diabetes Mody, Caused by Genetic Mutation (Rare)
• Double Diabetes, When type 1 start resisting INSULIN.
• Brittle Diabetes, A form of type 1, very hard to Control.
Without enough Insulin , glucose stays in our body and having two much glucose in our body for long time can cause Diabetes and this can affect on our most crucial organs of body like eyes, heart, kidney and many more.
REASONS FOR THE CAUSE
Type 1 Diabetes are caused when our Immune system attacks and destroys Insulin, found Insulin as foreign particle in our body, According to researchers, it is caused by genes and environmental factors or may be triggered by some viruses. But Type 2 , the most common type which is mostly caused by our BAD LIFESTYLE. If we are not physically active or overweight it can cause Insulin Resistance in our body. Extra belly fat is linked to Insulin resistance .
Secondly, if we are taking sugar content more than required quantity, Insulin stops responding to it and results in this life threatening disease.
• Increase In Thirst And Urination
• Blurred Vision
• Increased Hunger
• Sores That Do Not Heal
• Numbness In Toes Or Hands
Symptoms of type 1 starts quickly but of type 2 may take years to show up that there is a disease inside us, and destroys us gradually without coming in our notice till some serious issue comes out like heart or kidney problem.
COMPLICATIONS CAUSED BY DIABETES
• Kidney Damage
• Nerve Damage
• Cardio vascular Disease
• Eye Damage
• Alzheimer’s Disease
• Liver Problem
•EXERCISE REGULARLY- Regular exercise will helps you in overcoming your body’s excessive fat and increase Insulin sensitivity in your Body. Increased Sensitivity make our cells to use available sugar in our bloodstream and force our muscles to pick up insulin for energy and muscle contraction.
Kind of exercises we should practice are Brisk Walking, Jumping, Running, Swimming, Cycling and so on. Exercise keeps your body rejuvenated and strengthened which helps in making immune system strong.
• AVOID SUGAR RICH FOODS- Things like candy, cake, ice cream, even a glass of juice, etc are rich in sugar. Foods like these spike our insulin level at greater extent. For example a glass of orange juice(250ml) approximately contains 26gram of carbohydrates out of which 21grams are pure sugar form, which is similar to a glass of famous cold drink. So take a wise decision and avoid having high sugar foods or beverages. Whenever you feel like having something sweet have a serving of a fruit which will contain fibres too.
• CONTROL YOUR CARB INTAKE- Our Body breaks down the carbs into sugar mostly in Glucose and then insulin make the cells to use glucose but if our body have insulin problem, this process do not take place and results in rise of blood glucose level. Bottom line is reducing carbohydrates in our body results in controlled blood sugar level in long run.
•INCREASE YOU FIBRE INTAKE- Foods that are rich in Fibre including oats, barley, quinoa, vegetables, fruits , legumes etc. Consuming soluble dietery- fibre effectively helps in controlling high blood sugar level.
•DRINK WATER AND STAY HYDRATED- Water is like a magical liquid, prevents most of the diseases. Having enough water helps in keeping blood sugar level in limits. It helps Kidneys to flush out the excessive blood sugar through urine. A study shows that, people who drink enough water and stay hydrated have less risk of having High Blood Sugar Level.
•EAT FOOD RICH IN CHROMIUM AND MAGNESIUM- It is also caused by the deficiency of the micronutrients like magnesium and chromium. Chromium rich foods are Egg- yolk, white grain products, high bran cereals, coffee, nuts, green beans , broccoli , meat etc. Some studies shows that people with higher magnesium intake have 47% less chances of having diabetes.
•CONTROL STRESS LEVEL- Stress to our body in any aspect increases every bad content in the body which is not good for us. Hormones named Glucagon and cortisol are secreted during high stress level which results in high blood sugar level. So reduce stress by doing various exercises as like meditation, yoga to get control over insulin problem in long run.
LIFE IS PRECIOUS AND TREASURED , FILL IT WITH WEALTH, MAKE IT WEALTHY- NOT BY MONEY BUT BY HEALTHFUL, WHOLESOME AND NUTRITIOUS HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. THE JOY OF HAVING THIS TREASURE WITH WEALTH OF HEALTH IS PRICELESS.